Sunterra Meats takes pride in being a family-owned business and we treat our employees like family. Our team is collaborative, and we work collectively to find solutions where everyone prospers. We are proud members of Kneehill County, an innovative and diverse municipality. With a strong sense of community, we enjoy hosting functions for our staff like our annual BBQ and Christmas celebrations. Our values and positive workplace promote an interactive and engaged workforce!
Sunterra Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.
Reporting to: Fabrication Manager, Value Added Manager and working closely with the entire operations group.
We are looking to hire Industrial Butchers to help us successfully produce a quality product that we are proud of. If you are hard-working and dedicated, Sunterra Meats offers an excellent opportunity to grow your career. Starting wage will vary according to your experience and knife skills. Your hourly rates increase as your skills and abilities increase; these are not tied to a specific time frame.
- Processing of pork including; skinning, cleaning, and trimming of pork, packaging, deboning and shipping. This job involves assisting with the slaughter and cutting of pork into primal cuts for both domestic and export markets.
- Ensure all jobs are completed correctly and efficiently
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Collaborative, solution focused communication style
- Attention to detail
- High regard for safety standards and quality control
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Motivated by helping others be successful
- We will train anyone who would like to learn including those who have minor disabilities
- Experience with meat processing and the meat processing industry is a definite asset
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written communication
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 50 lbs, and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
This job will be posted until a suitable candidate is found.
This is a permanent full-time position with accommodation assistance, Health Care benefits, long term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent life insurance and dismemberment.